Ainsley Judge, a local WTF friend, is conducting a survey on gender and biking.
Take 10 - 15 minutes to fill out the survey and pass the link along to family and friends.
My name is Ainsley Judge and I am a senior Geography Major at Macalester College.
Please take this survey on Cycling Route Preferences! The survey is part of a senior Honors Project in Geography at Macalester College titled: Designing More Inclusive Streets: The Bicycle, Gender, & Infrastructure. The project focuses on how gender relates to the ways cyclists perceive the streets in the Twin Cities. Understanding the varying perspectives and preferences cyclists may have can hopefully lead to designing streets that are more inclusive and welcoming to new and increasing numbers of cyclists.
Ainsley Judge volunteers at Sibley bike depot, is a community activist, cyclist, and student at Macalester College in St. Paul. After completing her project, Ainsley will be presenting her results at the Sibley Bike Depot, and has also promised to share her conclusions with us here!
If you have questions, are interested in the final outcome of the project, or would like to participate in a follow up component of this project, please contact Ainsley Judge: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sale is still going on.
There are some lyrca jerseys, winter arm warmers, cute graphic t-shirts, skorts, and some other gems.
Fire Sale, y'all. Once it's gone, it's gone!
Hey from Margoat.
Durkee has mentioned this in previous posts (due to having left Minneapolis before me) but indulge me when I repeat her sentiments: WTF community does not exist everywhere.
Having lived in another city now for two months, trying to find WTFs in the area who might be interested in starting up another Grease Rag group, let me tell ya, either they are hibernating all year or I just can't find them.
It’s that time again- Grease Rag Ride and Wrench!
Grease Rag will be on Thursday, October 7th
(This event takes place the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month)
Group ride at 6PM ends at the shop- starting from the S. end of the Stone Arch Bridge
Meet at Sunrise Cyclery (901 W. Lake St. at Bryant Ave.) at 7PM, wrenching ends at 9PM!
- The group rides have been going really well. Meet up at 6 at the Stone Arch Bridge 10/7 for a nice ride to the shop!
- This week Grease Rag is going to be extra special- I'm bringing my mom <3 into the shop. No, really. It's going to be sweet!
- Don't forget about the Hub's Womens Appreciation Event on 10/9.
- Keep your eyes peeled for our second annual winter maintenance shop coming up at the beginning of November.
WTF Appreciation! (Because we appreciate you...)
- The Grease Rag photo last month was great. I could feel the love! Check out the photo here. (Shayne was also there but was hiding during the photo.)
- At the last Grease Rag Kim used a hacksaw to whittle down her kickstand, Ina was using a blowtorch on some stubborn plastic caps, and Adriane did a huge amount of work on her bike. (Fearless.) Bruzo was able to do a tune up before Babes in Bikeland (she did great!) and even though Cayla was only in the shop for a few minutes, she was helping out right and left. WTFs, you inspire me. Big thanks to Kat and Shayne for all of their mechanical advice!
Hope to see you!
Via: http://www.flickr.com/photos/offshore/ / CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
This is the Grease Rag events schedule for Fall 2010 and Winter 2011.
Join us for a Grease Rag group ride from 6-7 PM, or wrench with us during our open shop nights from 7-9 PM.
Or get involved by participating in our monthly organizing meeting.
Stay in the loop about WTF cycling events on our Events page, and learn about WTF projects, groups, and regular rides/ shop nights on our Friends page.
We meet on the first and third Thursdays of the month: