Grease Rag Ride & Wrench has grown tremendously this year. With the addition of three nights per month, we are empowering more women and transgender cyclists by teaching bike mechanics, sharing knowledge, and building community.
Because of your generous donations to the Minneapolis Presents calendar project, Grease Rag has been able to support the folks who support us and expand our network of powerful WTF cyclists. Here are a few things we have done with our funds so far:
- We began the process of becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Our principal board members include Laura Kling, Kat McCarthy, and Jamie MacDonald.
- We hosted our biggest skill share yet, our third annual Winter Cycling Skill Share, in early November. We offered a small stipend to our presenters and a small stipend to the graphic designer who made the flyer.
- We solidified our logo and printed reflective stickers! You can pick one up at the next open shop night. They’re also available for $1 donation at Sunrise Cyclery.
- We will continue to print and distribute flyers to spread the word about Grease Rag.
- We placed an advertisement in a local zine, Creative Ladies Are Powerful (C.L.A.P.), and gave a small stipend to the artist who drew the ad. (Keep an eye out for the winter issue of the zine, Kat & Low wrote an article on winter cycling).
- We are offering reduced cost scholarships for members wanting to attend a Krav Maga self-defense and cycling skill share in December.
If you think Grease Rag is providing a vital service for the Minneapolis cycling community, you too can support us. We are always looking for more WTF organizers. Share your ideas and take action!