In 2014, I admitted that February is a really brutal winter month for me. Long, dark commutes and cold cold weather start to wear me down at this point in the winter. Instead of succumbing to the SADness, I challenged myself to write 28 things in 28 days about what keeps me in Minnesota in the winter. And you know what? At the end of the month, I still had things to love!
In 2015, the Grease Rag family participated in a beautiful project- #lovemnwinter became a group project! We all spent our February being inspired by each other, and embracing this snowglobe wonderland we bike, walk, and ski through.
This year, we're trying it again! And because it is a leap year, there will be a bonus 29th day. Hooray! Together, we will inspire a positive mental attitude in us all, while doing what we do best at Grease Rag- Elevating and celebrating WTF voices. Hear us! We are here!
Some posts will be written by me, some short, some long, some with pictures, some 140 characters or less. I'm so excited to read about the things people love about our most infamous season!
#lovemnwinter 2016 posts
- Holly loves ten things that only winter brings
- Low loves hidden views revealed
- JJ loves early mornings
- Judy loves cranking
- Dana loves walking in the winter
- Daphne loves being able to throw snowballs
- Heidi loves lights
- Anneka loves winter in photos
- Rachel loves squeeky snow
- Maggie loves trying new things
- Michelle loves working up to showing up for it
- Monica loves Jack
- Kadence loves winter
- Cali loves work and when you run a bike shop there is a never ending supply!
- Kat loves first tracks
- Buzo loves winter-warmer soundtrack
- Anna loves messing up
- Emily loves #trackiscoming
- Lisa loves gear and skill sharing
- Josephine loves making snowgirls
- Leap day!
- Lee loves knowing how to ride with ice
- Amber loves these Lucky Stars
- Mariah loves Minnehaha Dog Park
- Dakota loves #noexpectations
- Lindsey loves sweater weather
- Lauren loves MN winter highlights
- Ana loves the plants
- Stephanie loves Ulu's joy
Want to play along?
Tweet your own loves: #lovemnwinter @greaseragmpls, or check out #lovemnwinter posts from the past.