Two rad bike positions came into my inbox, and I thought I would share them with you.
The first is from Claire at Sibley Bike Depot. They are hiring for the Community Partners Bike Library project!
Do you love bicycles, and want to increase access to bikes and bike skills throughout diverse communities in the Twin Cities? Do you want to work for a project whose goal is to get as many WTFs riding bikes as male-identified people, if not more? Whose goal is to bring social justice into the mainstream bike "culture"? Then this might be the job for you... check it out!
Applications due August 20th.
Another email I received is from Nathan, from the Venture North Bike Walk Center. They are looking to fill a position immediately!
Paraphrase of Nathan's email:
Venture North Bike Walk Center is a new startup program of the Minneapolis Health Department with the goal of getting more people walking and biking in North Minneapolis. The Center is located on the corner of Morgan and Glenwood in the Harrison neighborhood which is a quick ride from downtown. You can contact Nathan, the youth mechanic coordinator, on his cell phone at 651-271-0637.
They are in urgent need of mechanics to fix bikes for 11 dollars an hour, for as many hours as you want to work. They are looking to have someone for 15-40 hours for the next three weeks. (Very flexible schedule.) Begin work immediately!
Another job has just come to me, from Peace Coffee. (I really <3 Peace Coffee.) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Bike Delivery
Peace Coffee's mission is to make exceptional‐tasting, fair‐trade organic coffee that sustains the livelihoods of the people who grow, roast, and sell it; preserves and protects the environment that produces it; and delights the taste buds of the people who drink it. We encourage bright, entrepreneurial people of all ethnicities, races, genders, ages, and sexual orientations to apply.
• Full‐time, non‐exempt.
• Benefits include paid vacation, paid sick, 401k, FSA, health and dental insurance.
• Deliver to Peace Coffee’s Twin Cities accounts by bicycle and Biodiesel van
• Provide outstanding customer service to accounts—this position is the public face of Peace Coffee to our local accounts
• Responsible for stocking shelves and bulk bins, rotating stock and maintaining a clean, presentable sale area in stores
• Maintain delivery bicycle and trailers
• Have fun riding the streets of Minneapolis/St. Paul towing a trailer of up to 400 lbs. in all seasons
• Work closely with other delivery team members
• Perform packaging and grinding of roasted coffee as needed
• Assist in warehousing and production tasks as assigned