My goal is to complete four challenges before August 8, and I decided to "read a book about cycling."
I recently visited Microcosm and picked up some new zines for the Grease Rag library, feel free to check them out at the next Grease Rag!
- Next Stop Adventure #3 by Matt Gauck- Matt Gauck writes a good bike touring zine. Haiku, DIY, hilarious. The art is great, too.
- Cycle Touring Primer by Shawn Granton and the Urban Adventure League- Gear, recipes, stories and advice about bike touring. The instructional comics about the right attitude for bike touring made me chuckle.
- Taking the Lane Vol. 3, Unsung Heroes by Elly Blue and others- The third in a series of feminist bike zines, this issue is about people you know doing awesome things with bikes.
- PDX by Bike by Meghan Sinnott and Elly Blue- Tips for getting around Portland. The only thing missing is a map...
- Stoked on Spokes, A community cycling resource guide- A Canadian publication with lots of different perspectives on DIY and creating bike communities.